- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Fish Curry Recipe
|Fish||1⁄2 Pound, cut into medium pieces and cleaned (Fresh sardines or Catfish fillets or Tilapia fillets. Fillets should be cut into medium pieces)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon (methi seeds)|
|Chilly powder||1 Teaspoon (You can reduce this amount if u dont want the curry to be spicy)|
|Coriander powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon (If you are using Kerala Tamarind)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (Preferably coconut oil. Any vegetable oil is fine)|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 1076.3 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a medium flame, add garlic, ginger and curry leaves. Sauté for 2 mins or until the garlic turns to get the light brown color.
3. Lower the flame. Add the powders. Let it roast for 1/2 to 1 min. Be careful not to overheat the powders.
4. Add water. Increase the flame to medium-hi and let the water boil.
5. Add the tamarind paste (or the Kerala tamarind) and salt. Then add the fish pieces
6. The water added before should be till 3/4th level of the fish. Let it boil. Lower the flame to low-medium. Let the fish cook. After that you can increase the flame so that the gravy thickens and the oil is visible on top.
7. Switch off the flame.
8.(Optional step)After switching off the flame, add the tomato slices on top and cover the curry with a lid. Let it be for 30 mins.