- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Cumin Pasta Recipe Video
|Whole wheat spaghetti||1⁄2 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai chili peppers||1⁄2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Sweet potato||1 , peeled and diced|
|Reserved pasta water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 332.7 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 220.4% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 53.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat 1&1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Stir in cumin seeds and chili peppers and cook for about 1 minute, it will be very fragrant.
2. Add potatoes into pan along with a fat pinch of salt. Stir until potatoes are lightly coated with oil and spices. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring a few times, until potatoes are tender.
3. In the meantime, cook up your pasta. Remember to reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
4. Add pasta to saute pan with potatoes. Give it another pinch of salt and stir in mix in reserved pasta water.
5. Stir in cilantro and give it one last mix. Serve up a plate and enjoy!
*Thai chili peppers are very, very, spicy.