- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Beet Green Crostini Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Red chili pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Beet greens/Swiss chard||12 Ounce, trimmed (cut in 1/4” strips)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Baguette||1 (12 slices, cut diagonal in 1/4″ thick slices)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 722.2 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 108.1% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needlarge heavy-bottomed skillet
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic, set aside.
2. Trim, rinse and spun dry the beet greens and cut into ¼ inch strips, set aside.
3. Slice the baguette into 12 ¼ inch thick slices, set aside.
4. Preheat a large heavy bottom pan over high heat, pour oil add garlic and chili pepper flakes, sauté it for 1 minute.
5. Add beet greens and toss it like a salad, and leave it to cook for 30 seconds and toss it again, repeat until the beet greens are wilted.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper, toss well and turn of the heat.
7. Place the baguette slice in the broiler and toast it for few seconds.
8. Top each bread slices with the beet greens and drizzle some olive oil.
9. Serve the spicy beet green crostini hot.