- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Yogurt Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
|Chicken thighs||8 , skinned, fat removed|
|Low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Anise seeds/Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon, ground coarsely in a mortar and pestle|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon, mixed|
|Lime||1 , cut into wedges (For Garnish)|
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg
Sodium 161.9 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the marinade- In a glass bowl.
2. Combine the yogurt, lime juice, ginger, garlic and spices and mix well.
3. Add the chicken thighs and coat them evenly by tossing them in the marinade.
4. Cover the bowl with a clean wrap and refrigerate. Allow the chicken to marinate for 2 to 8 hours so that the yogurt tenderizes the meat and the flavors of the herbs and spices get absorbed.
5. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, 20 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
6. Preheat the oven to 350° F
7. Place the thighs in a large, shallow baking dish, keeping 1 inch distance between each thigh. Reserve the marinade.
8. Bake chicken legs for 10 minutes.
9. To the marinade, add the cornstarch liquid.
10. Remove the baking dish from the oven and spread the marinade mixture over the chicken pieces.
11. Return the chicken to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
12. Arrange chicken thighs on the serving platter and garnish with the lime wedges.