- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Vegetables Recipe
|Water||2 Pint (1.2 Liter)|
|Transparent cellophane noodles||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||8|
|Sunflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chinese cabbage/Chinese leaves||8 Ounce, shredded (250 Gram)|
|Carrot||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Spinach||4 Ounce, cooked, chopped (125 Gram)|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 541.6 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 164% Vitamin C 60.8%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in boiling water for about 20 minutes and then drain the mushrooms. Discard the hard stalks and reserve the caps. Set aside.
2) In a large saucepan, pour the water. Place over heat and bring to a boil.
3) Add cellophane noodles to the boiling water and bring back to rapid boil for 3 minutes.
4) Drain the noodles and keep aside.
5) In a deep wok or frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of the oil to heat up.
6) Add the Chinese cabbage or leaves and salt.
7) Stir-fry for 2 minutes and then remove.
8) Pour the remaining oil into the wok or pan to heat up.
9) Add the carrot to stir-fry for 1 minute.
10) Add the cooked cabbage with the spinach and the soaked mushrooms and stir-fry over a high heat for 2 minutes.
11) In a small pan, combine all sauce ingredients. Place over moderate heat and stir well.
12) Bring to the boil and then pour over the vegetables in the wok.
13) Finally add the cellophane noodles and toss well until thoroughly combined.
14) Heat thoroughly.
15) Serve hot with soy sauce or chili sauce on side.