- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Turkey Cooked Over Skillet Supper Recipe Video
|Turkey breast/Ground beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Chili beans in chili sauce||15 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained|
|Brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Mild or medium)|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic cloves||2 Small, crush|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.6 mg
Sodium 289.3 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Spray non stick oil over the skillet.
2. Brown the meat, garlic and shallot over medium heat, drain if necessary.
3. Add chili beans, rice, salsa and seasonings.
4. Mix well and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Top with cheese, cover and let cheese melt for about 5 minutes.
7. Serve on a plate and serve as main dish.