- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Tomato Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (Undrained, 1 Can)|
|Canned tomato juice||24 Ounce (2 Cans, 12 Ounce Each)|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Medium, halved, cored, seeded & finely chopped|
|Unpeeled zucchini||1 Small, finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cilantro/Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Seeded chopped jalapeno pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh)|
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.7 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 174.2 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 58.9% Vitamin C 171.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a soup tureen and drain the liquid from the tomatoes in it.
2) Place tomatoes on a chopping board and coarsely chop, removing as many seeds as possible.
3) Add chopped tomatoes to the liquid reserved in the tureen.
4) Gently stir in green pepper, tomato juice, zucchini, cilantro or parsley, onion, zucchini, vinegar, lemon juice, jalapeno pepper and garlic.
5) Cover and refrigerate the soup for several hours or overnight.
6) Serve the delicious soup cold.