- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Stuffed Yams Recipe Video
|Fresh thyme||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon (Parmesan and Romano)|
|Chili garlic sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.4 mg
Sodium 203.5 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 40.8%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the yams and prick with fork at several places.
2. Take a baking tray and place the yams on it. Bake at 425°F for 1 hour, or until soft when gently squeezed.
3. Cut in half lengthwise and carefully scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Take care not to break the skins.
4. To the baked yam, add the butter and mash well.
5. Throw in the chopped thyme, chives, salt, and pepper to taste and mix well.
6. Spoon the mixture back into the skins, piling up slightly in the center.
7. Mix grated cheese and chili garlic sauce. Top yams with this and return to the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the yams are heated through.
8. Serve right away.