- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Spicy Squid and Watercress Dish (오징어 미나리 초무침) Recipe Video
|Squid||1 Medium (About 2/3 Cup)|
|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce, chop in 3-inch length|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop (Cut diagonally)|
|Red pepper paste||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brown rice vinegar/Apple vinegar||4 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||4 Teaspoon (Brown Rice Vinegar or Apple Vinegar)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 466 mg
Sodium 759.6 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 36 g71.4%
Vitamin A 68.8% Vitamin C 101.5%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make a fancy pattern on the squid, make scratch lines 1/4 inch apart with a knife on the squid. Then divide the squid into two halves. Make scratches with the knife just like before in the vertical direction, 1/8-inch apart. At every third scratch cut the squid all the way through into pieces. You will get 2/3 cup.
2. In a pan, boil water and add the watercress in it. Add salt. Boil it for 20 seconds on high heat. Immediately after 20 seconds remove the watercress and quickly put it into ice chilled water.
3. Take a pan with 2 cups of water, bring it to boil and cook the squid pieces in it for 3 minutes on high heat.
4. Squeeze the water out of the watercress, you will get about 1/3 cup of watercress.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the squid, watercress, cucumber, onion and all the seasoning ingredients. Mix well.
6. Serve with rice, soup and other Korean side dishes.
Removing the boiled watercress immediately after 20 seconds from the boiling water and quickly putting it into ice cold water helps retain its green color.