- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Sicilian-Style Calamari Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Calamari||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned san marzano tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained and diced|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, rinsed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 0.93 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.2 mg
Sodium 277.4 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the calamari bodies into 1/4 rings. Cut tentacles into halves or quarters.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add in the olive oil and, when hot, add in the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the tomatoes. When the tomatoes begin to simmer, add in the calamari, and capers cook until just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Season with lemon juice and sea salt. Stir all the ingredients well.
5. Serve immediately with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce!