- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Shrimp On Zucchini Nests Recipe
|Unpeeled zucchini||2 Large, shredded|
|Yellow squash||2 Large, shredded (Unpeeled)|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Seasoned dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2122 Calories from Fat 789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g151.7%
Saturated Fat 37.1 g185.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 818.7 mg272.9%
Sodium 3402 mg141.8%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 52.9 g211.5%
Sugars 100 g
Protein 158 g316.6%
Vitamin A 78.2% Vitamin C 157.6%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 83.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Shell and devein the shrimp.
3. Rinse the squash and drain well.
4. In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil with 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Add the shredded squash and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just limp, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the black pepper. Remove the squash to a bowl and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
5. In the same skillet, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon oil with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Add the garlic and shrimp, and stir-fry until the shrimp are just beginning to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the broth, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, and parsley (if using), and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute.
7. To serve, use a slotted spoon to transfer some of the squash to a dinner plate and top the squash "nest" with some of the shrimp.