- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Shanghai Noodle Salad Recipe
|Cellophane noodles||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Pork fillet||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Canned peas||10 Ounce (250 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Canned mandarin orange segments||7 Ounce (200 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Canned bean sprouts||6 Ounce (175 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce (225 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Ginger root||2 Inch (2 Tablespoon)|
|Soya oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Wine vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Curry powder||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Sambal oelek||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 786.4 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 36.8%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl full of boiling water and soak noodles in it for about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain off excess water, rinse using cold water and drain thoroughly. Using a sharp knife, cut the noodles into short pieces and keep aside.
2. Slice thin strips of pork, season with pepper, curry powder and salt and sprinkle the flour on it.
3. Take a big frying pan or wok, heat vegetable oil, add pork and stir fry till pork turns brown and is well cooked. With a slotted spoon, keep the cooked pork on a plate and keep aside for cooling.
4. Drain bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, mandarins and beans and make thin strips of bamboo shoots and thin slices of ginger.
5. Take a bowl, add pork, noodles and all these above mentioned ingredients and toss well.
6. Take a small bowl, add wine vinegar, oil, curry powder, soy sauce and sambal oelek, enough for covering a knife’s tip. Allow the mixture to drizzle on the noodle salad, toss to mix well.
7. Keep aside for 15 minutes for the mixture to absorb dressing.
8. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.