- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Sesame Noodles Recipe
|Egg pasta||8 Ounce (Use Buckwheat Pasta Of The Same Quantity)|
|Sesame||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey mustard/Use 2 teaspoons each honey and dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange/Tangerine||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed juice|
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 580 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the scallions into 2 1/2-inch pieces. Sliver to make "brushes."
2) Keep them in chilled water and put aside.
3) Mix the three oils in a separate vessel and reserve.
4) In a mixing bowl,combine vinegar, sesame paste, peanut butter, honey mustard, and soy sauce.
5) To the contents in the bowl,slowly add the oil mixture, whisking in a similar way as it is done in the case of mayonnaise.
6) Now add orange juice, salt and pepper and for a spicier dressing, add a few more drops of the hot oil. keep aside.
7) Cook pasta in a large kettle of boiling water according to directions on the package or as per taste.
8) Drain pasta in a colander and run cold water over it. Drain well.
9) In a large bowl,mix together noodles ,dressing, drained scallions, and sesame seeds and toss well to combine.
10) Chill for at least half an hour before serving.