- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Roast a Whole Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 Large (room temperature)|
|Dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169.3 mg
Sodium 486.3 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 9% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedKitchen twine,aluminium foil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with kitchen towels.
3. Using the sides of knife, smash the garlic cloves, and put them in chicken cavity.
4. Cut the lemon in quarters and stuff in the chicken cavity.
5. Put thyme in the cavity.
6. With clean hands, push all the stuffing inside and message the inside of chicken.
7. Generously drizzle olive oil over the chicken and rub with thyme, salt and pepper.
8. Place the chicken, facing cavity towards you, gently put your fingers between chicken skin and flesh, and massage the flesh with seasoning.
9. Using kitchen twine, tie the chicken legs together.
10. Place the chicken on roasting rack or grilling rack over a baking tray, and roast in oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
11. Remove the chicken from oven, cover with aluminium foil and allow to rest.
12. Place the baking tray, with chicken dripping on heat, add in the flour and whisk continuously for 1 minute.
13. Pour in the wine and whisk well, until the sauce is smooth, add in butter and stir to melt.
14. Carve the chicken and serve with dripping sauce.
You can make a bed of potatoes, parsnip, fennel, or desired vegetables and place the chicken on it and then roast.