- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mulhoe Recipe Video
|Fish||1 Pound (fresh or frozen sashimi grade)|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Wheat flour noodles||200 Gram (somyeon in Korean)|
|Garlic clove||5 Medium, minced (for the cold broth)|
|Chili paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the cold broth)|
|Chili pepper||2 Tablespoon (flakes, for the cold broth)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (for the cold broth)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon (for the cold broth)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the cold broth)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon (for the cold broth)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon, roasted (for the cold broth)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the cold broth)|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the cold broth)|
|Tomato||1 Medium (for the cold broth)|
|Green chili||4 Medium (for the cold broth)|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (for the cold broth)|
Calories 1033 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 232.6 mg
Sodium 3863.2 mg161%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 67 g134.8%
Vitamin A 288.9% Vitamin C 269.7%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice 1 pound of fresh fish into thin strips ¼ inch wide and 2½ inch long (about 0.5 cm wide and 6 cm long) and keep it in the refrigerator.
2. Put 10 cups of water into a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. When the water boils 15-20 minutes later add 200 grams of thin noodles (somyeon).
4. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
5. Cook the noodles with the lid closed for a few minutes.
6. Taste a sample to check if the noodles do not have anything hard inside and are not mushy.
7. When the noodles are finished, drain and rinse them in cold water a couple of times until they’re cold and a little chewy.
8. Drain them and set aside.
To make the cold broth:
1. In a bowl, mix with a spoon 4-5 cloves minced garlic, ¼ cup hot pepper paste, 2 tablespoon hot pepper flakes, 2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, ¼ cup vinegar, 2 tablespoon sesame oil and 2 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds powder.
2. Thinly slice ½ cup’s worth of onion and ¼ cup’s worth of carrot.
3. Slice 1 tomato, chop 3-4 green chili peppers and 2 cups’ worth of chopped lettuce and add to the broth.
4. Add 2 cups of ice cold water, mix well and set aside.
5. Add fish strips to the broth and mix well.
6. Serve with the cooked noodles.