- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Orange Pork Chops Recipe Video
|Bell peppers||1 Medium, red or green, cut into strips|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Pork loin chops(with bone)||4 Medium, cut to a thickness of 3/4 to 1 inch|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Tablespoon, reduced-sodium|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 156.4 mg52.1%
Sodium 441.6 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 48 g96.9%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 119.1%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Saute peppers, celery and onions and set aside.
2. Sprinkle chops with garlic salt and black pepper.
3. In a large skillet, cook chops in hot oil over medium heat until brown on both sides.
4. Add vegetables to the pan with pork.
5. In a small bowl stir together chicken broth, orange juice, chipotle peppers and oregano.
6. Pour over the meat and cook with cover for 15 minutes on medium high heat.
7. Serve with garnish as desired.