- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy African Plantain Chips Recipe Video
|Salt/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Vegetable oil/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
|Cayenne pepper/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Sugar/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
Calories 657 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 247.8 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 35.5% Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and slice the green plantains as thin as possible. Soak them for 5 min to wash away the excess starch.
2) Drain the plantain from the water and season with salt.
3) Heat vegetable oil at 350F and fry the plantain until golden brown for approximately 5 min.
4) Remove and place in a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
5) For the spice mixture combine sugar, curry powder and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
6) Mix it all together.
7) Dust the curry and sugar mixture on the plantain chips.