- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Peppered Beef Recipe
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh rosemary/1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Ground cardamom||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef brisket||5 Pound|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||4|
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.1%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.8 mg
Sodium 803.4 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 54 g107.6%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 38.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
2. Mix together black pepper, rosemary, cardamom, cloves and red pepper and spread on the wax paper.
3. Top the pepper mixture with brisket and press so that the brisket gets fully coated with the mixture from all sides.
4. In a bowl, mix water, soy sauce, tomato paste, paprika, cumin and garlic.
5. Take a low baking dish, put brisket on it and drizzle the garlic mixture on it.
6. Put the lid of the dish and allow it to cool in refrigerator overnight.
7. Once done, take the meat out and cover with a foil.
8. Take a low roasting pan, put the meat in it and place a thermometer.
9. Roast the meat for 4-5 hours for medium temperature of 160 degrees.
10. Top the meat with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve warm.