- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Penne Greens and Beans Recipe Video
|Penne pasta||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Spinach||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Beans||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Crushed tomato||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (To taste)|
|Chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (To taste)|
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 608.8 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.7%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 97.6% Vitamin C 44.2%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package.
2. De stem the spinach leaves and thinly slice them.
3. Drain the can of beans and give them a good rinse.
4. Heat a pan, and pour in the olive oil.
5. Brown the garlic and the onion in it.
6. Add the can of tomatoes and simmer for two minutes. Season with salt and red chili flakes.
7. Drop in the beans and give it all a stir.
8. The spinach goes in just before finishing it off.
10. Drain the pasta, plate it and top with the sauce. Serve warm.