- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Peas And Spinach Recipe
|Green split peas||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Spinach||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , halved|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 409.4 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.8%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 430.7% Vitamin C 114.4%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 51.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the peas thoroughly under cold running water.
2) In a mixing bowl, soak the peas in cold water for 2 hours, then drain them well and keep aside.
3) In a large saucepan, saute the onion, spices and garlic in heated oil for 2-3 minutes, stirring in between.
4) Stir in the peas, spinach and stock. Then simmer covered for about 10-15 minutes or until the peas are tender and there is no liquid left in the saucepan. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
5) Garnish with the fresh coriander sprigs and lime wedges and serve immediately.