- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Oven Baked Beef Ribs Recipe Video
|Beef short ribs||2 Small|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Cumin powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|For the glaze|
|Chilli pepper||4 Medium, dried (Guajillo or Panca (aji Colorado))|
|Soaking liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled, halved|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.6 mg18.2%
Sodium 2310.1 mg96.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 21.6 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 86.7%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the rib rack. Place it on a flat surface with its back facing up.
2. Separate the membrane from a corner using a sharp knife.
3. Using a paper towel hold the membrane firmly and pull it off. Discard the membrane.
4. Remove excess fat from the ribs leaving very little.
5. Cut the lemons into half and squeeze half a lemon on each side of each rack.
6. Spread minced garlic evenly on all sides.
7. Sprinkle cumin, salt and pepper generously and rub it on the ribs.
8. Cover with a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours (ideal 24 hours).
9. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
10. Dry roast the chillies either on direct flame or in a skillet till it forms blisters.
11. Transfer them into a bowl. Pour boiling water into it till covered.
12. Place a small plate or lid on the chillies to weigh them down. Soak for around 30 minutes.
13. Take a roasting pan and place the marinated ribs on it. Cover it with a foil.
14. Bake for 1 ½ hours. In the meanwhile prepare the glaze.
15. GLAZE: In a blender, remove the seeds and stem of soaked chillies and add them with ½ cup soaking liquid, garlic, onion, cumin, oregano and salt. Blend till smooth.
16. In a skillet, heat oil. Strain the paste into the skillet. Stir to mix well.
17. Pour the honey and vinegar. Mix well and let it simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes or till sauce reduces and thickens.
18. After 1 ½ or 1 ¾ hours, remove the ribs from the oven.
19. Brush ½ of the sauce/glaze generously over the ribs to cover them well.
20. Resume baking uncovered for 1 more hour.
21. Remove the ribs from the oven, brush with the remaining sauce and continue to bake for another hour.
22. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
23. In a serving plate, slice the ribs and serve with bread, salad, mashed potatoes or any side dish of choice or serve as appetizer with choice of dip.