- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Mac & Cheese Recipe Video
|Elbow pasta||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Skimmed milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon leaves||2 Tablespoon, fresh, chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 Small, seeded, chopped finely|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, seeded, diced|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Pepperjack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Corn chips||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 372.6 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 29.9%
Calcium 33.3% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. FOR THE SAUCE: In a bowl, dissolve the corn starch in the water.
2. In a saucepan, take milk and add the cornstarch, stir and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
3. Put tarragon, the jalapeno pepper, the red bell pepper, the cayenne pepper and the salt. Stir and place aside.
4. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Drop the pasta, stir and cook until the pasta is cooked but not mushy. Drain the pasta and set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 395 degrees F.
6. Add the pasta to the tarragon vegetable sauce. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and the pepperjack cheese. Stir to mix.
7. Take a baking tray and spoon the mixed pasta. Top with the crushed corn chips and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
8. In a serving plate, slice and serve garnished with more cheese.