- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Lamb Burgers Recipe Video
|Cumin seeds||3 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground lamb meat||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro||4 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh green chilies||2 Medium, minced|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, peeled, minced|
|For the mint chutney|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh green chilies||4 Medium (2-4)|
|Fresh lime juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg
Sodium 170.7 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 21 g41.6%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 100.6%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a dry skillet toast the cumin and coriander seeds until aromatic. Then pound them in a mortar and pestle to release the aromatics.
2. In a large mixing bowl put in the ground lamb and add the roasted and pounded cumin and coriander seeds as well as garam masala and freshly minced cilantro. Also add fresh green chili peppers, garlic and fresh ginger. Combine well to form the mixture for the burgers.
3. In a food processor, process 2 cups of fresh mint leaves and 2 to 4 fresh green chili peppers till finely minced. Add 4 tablespoons of lime juice into the minced mixture and continue processing it and drizzle into it a little bit of water.
4. Season with sugar and salt and process again to a paste and the Mint chutney is ready.
5. Make patties out of the ground lamb meat mixture and grill on a medium high heat on a well oiled grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium cooked burgers.
6. Serve the hot spicy lamb burgers on Nan bread or regular burger buns or a Ciabatta roll Serve with an Indian mint chutney or a sauce prepared by roasted garlic and cilantro emulsion.