- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Ham Loaf Recipe
|Dark corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground ham||1 1⁄2 Pound (3 Cups)|
|Ground pork||1 Pound (2 Cups)|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.9 mg
Sodium 276.3 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, mix corn syrup, 2 teaspoons mustard and vinegar.
2. Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes by stirring continuously.
3. Once done, turn the heat off and keep it aside.
4. Mix ham, pork, bread crumbs, eggs, apple juice, onion, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Take an oiled 13x9x2 inch baking pan and pour the meat mixture on it.
6. Shape the mixture in a form of 12x4 inch loaf.
7. Bake for 11/2 to 2 hours and apply the syrup mixture at regular intervals.
8. Serve the loaf warm.