- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Gingerbread for the Holidays Recipe
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.7 mg
Sodium 101.2 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 13- x 9- x 2 inch baking pan, grease and flour it lightly.
3) Take a saucepan and combine together molasses, butter and sugar. Beat the mixture well.
4) Add the eggs and beat mixture nicely. Set aside.
5) Take a bowl and mix milk and lemon juice in it. Stir nicely together. Set aside.
6) Combine all the remaining dry ingredients. Add to the egg mixture alternating with the milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix nicely upon each addition.
7) Pour prepared batter into the greased and floured pan. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted at the center comes out clean.
8) Slice and serve the prepared bread with your favorite curry.