- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Fruit Kabobs Recipe
|Ground lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Basting Liquid)|
|Apricots||6 , pitted (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Pears||2 , cut into wedges|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 41.4 mg
Sodium 67.2 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, into the minced lamb add 2 tablespoons water, garlic powder and salt and pepper according you your taste.
2. Use your hands to mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape ping pong size balls.
4. Skewer the lamb balls on small seasoned wooden skewers.
5. Prepare basting liquid by whisking together all the ingredients.
6. Brush kabobs with this liquid using a pastry brush.
7. Broil kabobs or grill on a barbecue for 5 to 7 minutes, turning them frequently.
8. Skewer the apricots and pears on the kabob sticks.
9. Baste with the liquid.
10. Continue cooking the kabobs for another 5 to 7 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with the liquid.
11. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately.