- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Fried Fish Recipe
|Dried chinese mushrooms||10 (If Available)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sole fillets||6 , cut in half crosswise|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped preserved ginger||4 Tablespoon|
|Powdered ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 1042 Calories from Fat 571
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.3%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.1 mg
Sodium 907.4 mg37.8%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 51 g102.5%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, place the mushrooms and let them soak for 20 minutes. Remove and clean them well and chop them into small pieces. Set aside till required.
2. In a large bowl, place the flour and the salt and mix well.
3. Add the beer and the olive oil to the bowl and mix well
4. Use this flour and beer mixture as a dip or covering for the fish. Dip the fish into the flour and coat it well.
5. Heat the oil in a frying skillet till it is hot.
6. Add the fish to the pan in batches and fry well it browned on both sides
7. Drain the fish and set them aside on a warmed plate
8. In a saucepan, pour out the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, preserved powdered ginger and the scallions and bring to a boil
9. Cook this mixture over low heat for five minutes or cooked through.
10. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and the water together and pour it into the solution in the saucepan.
11. Stir the sauce till its thickened and pour this mixture over the fish.
12. Sprinkle with parsley and serve