- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Spicy Extra Soft Tofu Soup (순두부 찌개) Recipe Video
|Soft tofu||11 Ounce (extra soft tofu called soondubu)|
|Beef||2 Ounce, strips (1/4 cup)|
|Kimchi||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), strips|
|Enokitake mushrooms||1 Packet|
|Zucchini||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), quartered|
|Onion||1⁄2 , cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Green onion||1 , cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Hot pepper||1 , cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Cooking wine||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Kelp||5 Small (1-inch x 2-inch)|
|Red pepper powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Hot pepper oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soup soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.3 mg
Sodium 973.8 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 36 g71%
Vitamin A 34.7% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 91.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and marinate the beef with soy sauce, minced garlic, cooking wine and black pepper. Combine well and set aside.
2. Rinse the clams once in cold water. Take a pan, add water and the clams along with the kelp pieces. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the kelp and clams from the broth and keep the clams and broth for later.
4. In a pan heat oil, red pepper powder, hot pepper oil and minced garlic. Fry for 10 seconds on high heat. Add the marinated beef and fry until it is half cooked. Add the onion and kimchi, fry until the beef is completely cooked.
5. Pour the broth into the pan. Add soup soy sauce and zucchini. Cook it on high heat. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Spoon out scoops of the soft tofu from the packet and add it to the broth. Then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
7. Add the cooked clams. green onions and pepper. Cook for another minute. Finally add one egg into the broth and turn off the heat.
8. Drizzle a little sesame oil on top before serving the dish.
9. Best served with warm rice.