- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy East Indian Baked Cabbage Recipe
|Finely chopped cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and minced|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||To Taste (Very Small Pinch)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 545.3 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 55.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 1 ½ quart casserole or baking dish with butter.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine and mix cabbage with remaining ingredients.
4. Turn into the casserole.
5. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until cabbage is tender.
7. Remove the lid or the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Serve the cabbage from the casserole dish.
9. You can serve the cabbage with a curry and rice or enjoy it with Indian fried bread.