- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Date Squares Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Chopped dates||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped nut meats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2825 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.9%
Saturated Fat 34.7 g173.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 880.1 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 582 g194.1%
Dietary Fiber 42 g167.8%
Sugars 433.8 g
Protein 44 g87.9%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 64.3% Iron 85.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift the sugar slowly into the beaten eggs, blending thoroughly after each addition.
3. Mix in the dates and nuts.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
5. Add them to the egg mixture with the vanilla, and beat the batter until well blended.
6. Turn the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 25 minutes at 325°F. When cool, cut into squares.