- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Once a Week Kitchen Crispy Crab Cakes Recipe Video
|For cake mixture|
|Mashed potato||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned white crab meat||1 Pound, drained|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Red chili||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, chopped finely|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Spring onion||6 , chopped|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce|
|White bread crumbs||4 Ounce|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Sweet chili sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.4 mg
Sodium 622.3 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 66.9%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
2. In another bowl, take plain flour, season wit salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients of the cake mixture. Make 16 equal sized balls. Chill for about 20 minutes.
4. Roll each ball first in flour, then in egg and finally in bread crumbs.
5. In a skillet, heat oil, place about 5 to 6 meat balls, gently press each ball with spatula to slightly flatten it. Fry for about 3 to 4 minute from each side.
6. Serve with salad and sweet chili sauce.
You can make the balls and refrigerate for a 1 to 2 days.