- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Spicy Cold Buckwheat Noodles (비빔 냉면) Recipe Video
|Buck wheat noodles||1 Packet|
|For the sauce|
|Asian pear||1⁄2 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Onion||1⁄4 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Green onion||1 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Hot pepper||1 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Crushed pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (canned)|
|Red pepper powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red pepper paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Korean cider/Ginger ale||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|For the toppings|
|Cooked beef||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Pickled radish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pickled cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Asian pear/Apple pear||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Egg||1 Medium (Hard boiled and cut into half)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)|
Calories 744 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 3160.6 mg131.7%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.4%
Sugars 30.9 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, grind Asian Pear, onion, garlic cloves, green onion, hot pepper, red pepper powder, red pepper paste, brown sugar, honey, salt, crushed pineapple from a can, Korean cider or ginger ale, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine which is optional until the mix becomes smooth and fine.
2. Pour the sauce into a glass storage container and store it in a refrigerator for at least 1 or 2 days. By doing this all the flavors in the sauce combine well.
3. Add sesame seeds and mix well. You will get about 4 cups of the sauce. You can store some in the refrigerator for later use.
4. When the sauce and toppings are ready, cook the right amount of buckwheat noodles in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Rinse the cooked noodles in cold water twice and drain the noodles in water.
5. In a plate, place the noodles and pour two or three spoons of the sauce on top. (You can also mix the noodles with the sauce in a mixing bowl and then serve the noodles on a plate.
6. Place some pickled radish on top of the sauce. Garnish it with some pickled cucumber, pear, beef and egg. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of it.
7. Serve immediately and serve cold.