- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Choco Rum Icebox Cookies Recipe
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped, measured after chopping|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Firmly Packed)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped, measured, after chopping|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3406 Calories from Fat 1512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g265.6%
Saturated Fat 107.3 g536.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 429.5 mg
Sodium 742.6 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 430 g143.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.4%
Sugars 196.6 g
Protein 35 g70.9%
Vitamin A 97% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 88.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat together the butter and both sugars until fully blended and creamy.
3. Beat in the cream.
4. Sift together the flour, soda and spices, and blend them thoroughly into the beaten mixture. If the dough is very sticky, blend in 2-3 tablespoons extra flour.
5. Stir in the chocolate, raisins and rum.
6. Shape the mixture into a roll about 8 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
7. Wrap in waxed paper or freezer paper, and chill for 24 hours or freeze.
8. To use, cut in slices between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick.
9. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F until just firm.
10. Cool on a rack.