- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Spicy Chicken with Vegetables (닭볶음탕) Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 , chop (3×3 inch pieces)|
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potato chunks||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||3 , chop (2 inch pieces)|
|Hot peppers||2 , chopped (Optional)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper paste||5 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine/Water||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1 Pinch|
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg
Sodium 1138.9 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.2%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 141.8% Vitamin C 66.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) On a cutting board cut the chicken into 3×3 inch pieces. Be sure not to remove the skin, fat, or bones because that will give the dish good flavor.
2) Place the cut pieces in to a bowl and marinate the chicken with cooking wine, salt, and black pepper powder for at least 10 minutes.
3) For the sauce in a bowl combine red pepper paste, red pepper powder, soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar, corn syrup, minced garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and a pinch of black pepper powder and mix well. Set this mixture aside.
4)Chop all the vegetables as instructed and set aside.
5) In a large sauce pan place the marinating chicken pieces. To this pan now add the chopped onions, potatoes, carrots, green onions, hot peppers and mix well.
6) Pour the sauce on top of the vegetables and chicken along with water.
7) Cook the chicken for 30-35 minutes on high or till the chicken and vegetables are completely cooked. Be sure to stir it occasionally.
8) After the chicken is cooked, reduce the heat to a low and add the green onions along with the hot peppers. If you don’t want your food too spicy, skip the hot peppers.
9) Reduce the temperature to low and add the . Cook 2 more minutes and then turn off the heat
10) Serve this dish with rice and other Korean side dishes. You can also pour some of this on top of rice for a main course in the same way as curry and rice. Enjoy this delicious Korean food.