- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Chicken with Pears Recipe
|Whole broiler fryer chicken breasts||3 , halved, skinned and boned|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bartlett pears||2 , cored and cut in wedges|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 126.1 mg
Sodium 409.8 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large frying pan, heat butter over medium heat and cook chicken sprinkled evenly with allspice and salt, turning, for about 10 minutes such that brown on all sides.
2. Add onion, mustard and chicken broth and simmer with cover for 10 minutes.
3. Add pears and cook with cover for 15 minutes more such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
4. To a platter remove chicken and pears and keep warm.
5. To frying pan, bring cream to a boil and cook, stirring, such that sauce is reduced and thickens.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and pears and serve.