- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe Video
|Low sodium chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Piquillo pepper||200 Gram, chopped (1 jar)|
|Spicy chipotle hummus||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cooked, shredded|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||5 Gram, chopped|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.69 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 217.3 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 36 g71.4%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 43.6%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan saute chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper.
2. In the food processor, add hummus, piquillo pepper, reserving some for garnish, and chicken stock. Blend well.
3. Place a pot on flame, and transfer pepper mixture into it. Bring it to a boil.
4. Drop rice, and chicken in it. Stir well.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil.
6. Serve soup with parsley, pepper, and hot sauce garnish.
Add more chicken stock if soup is too thick.