- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Catfish Broil Recipe
|Catfish||6 , skinned and pan dressed|
|Melted butter/Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Steak sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.6 mg
Sodium 567.2 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.78%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow container, place the catfish in single layer.
2. In a cup, take seasonings and the sauce, mix well.
3. Pour the sauce mixture over the catfish and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Flip over the fish to ensure they are covered with sauce on both sides.
5. After 30 minutes, remove the catfish for broiling and keep the sauce for basting.
6. In a greased broiler pan, place the marinated catfish.
7. Brush the fish with the sauce.
8. Place the pan on the broiler at a distance of 3 inches.
9. Brush the fish with sauce frequently while broiling.
10. Broil the fish until it is lightly browned.
11. Flip it over and apply sauce again.
12. Broil the other side, basting often until the other side is also lightly brown.
13. Serve straight from the broiler.