- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Black Bean Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Minced garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Chipotle pepper||1 , chop|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Can black beans||30 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 can whole bean and mash beans from second can)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg
Sodium 1341.9 mg55.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.3%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 14% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until the onion is softened.
3. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and black pepper and chipotle pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
4. Pour in the stock and 1 can of beans and bring to a boil.
5. Stir in the black bean paste. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.