- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Apple Egg Nog Recipe
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Apple juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.8 mg
Sodium 357.9 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium (2-quart) microwaveable measuring cup or bowl, add egg yolks and beat lightly with a fork.
2. Add sugar, salt, spices and apple juice whisk until well blended.
3. Stir in milk.
4. Place in microwave and heat for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
5. In a dry clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
6. Pour the hot egg-milk mixture over egg whites, stirring constantly and quickly, until well blended and frothy
7. Pour into warm mugs
8. Spoon whipped cream on top of each serving.