- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Angry Clams Recipe Video
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Shallot||1 , sliced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red hot chili pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Thyme||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.9 mg
Sodium 384.7 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 182.9%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 187.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean clams from inside and outside.
2. For sauce, place a skillet on medium flame, and heat oil in it.
3. In warm oil, drop garlic, red bell pepper, and shallots. Stir, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
4. Sprinkle red pepper flakes and mix well.
5. Pour chicken stock and white wine in skillet. Bring it to a slow boil, and let it cook for about 6-7 minutes on medium heat.
6. Meanwhile, season clams with salt and pepper.
7. Drop clams in skillet, mix, cover with lid, and let it cook for 7-10 minutes or until they pop open.
8. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice. Mix well.
9. Serve spicy clams hot with thyme and parsley garnish. You can serve the clams as a main dish also accompanied with pasta.
Soak clams in a mixture of flour and water to clean it well.
Discard clams which did not open while cooking, before you serve.