- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Waldorf Salad with Raisins and Spiced Walnuts Recipe Video
|For the walnuts|
|Walnut oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnut halves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Pure and Simple)|
|For the dressing|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Juice of lemon||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Pure and Simple)|
|Agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|For the salad|
|Granny smith apples||3 Medium, core (and cut into 1/2" dice)|
|Apples||3 Medium, core (and cut into 1/2" dice)|
|Celery ribs||3 Medium, dice|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.1 mg
Sodium 179.3 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 48.5 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder and agave nectar, stir until well combined and free of any lumps.
2. Preheat walnut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the walnuts, curry powder, sugar and salt.
4. Cook for 5 minutes or until you can smell the nuts and spices.
5. Once done remove on paper towel and allow it to cool.
6. Once cooled coarsely chop the walnuts, set aside.
7. Add the diced apples, celery, raisins and chopped walnuts.
8. Stir everything until well coated.
9. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
10. Serve along with you meal.