- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Red Cabbage Recipe
|Red cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
|Tart apples||2 , peeled, cored, diced|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All spice powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 62 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.24%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 339.7 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 0.88 g1.8%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 173.7%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add red cabbage, cider vinegar, water, all spice, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
2) Cook on high flame, stirring intermittently, till the cabbage is cooked.
3) Next, add in the diced apples and toss to mix well.
4) Put the lid on and let the apples cook on low flame for a few minutes till all the moisture has evaporated.
5) Lastly, add sugar and toss again.
6) Transfer the Spiced Red Cabbage with apples into a serving bowl.
7) Sprinkle a dash of nutmeg on top.
8) Be careful how much water you add while cooking, as the Spiced Red Cabbage is a dry dish.
9) To prevent apples from turning brown immediately after cutting, sprinkle a little lemon juice over them.