- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Potato And Cauliflower Recipe
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram)|
|Oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground cumin||10 Gram (2 Teaspoon)|
|Finely chopped onion||15 Gram (1 Tablespoon)|
|Cardamom pods||4 (Use The Cardamom Seeds)|
|Poppy seeds||15 Gram (1 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (Lots Of Required)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 174.7 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.2%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 221%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and peel potatoes. Cut them into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces.
2) Transfer the potatoes to hot water boiled with lots of salt. Boil for about 5 minutes till parboiled. Drain the water and keep potatoes aside.
3) With a sharp knife, cut cauliflower into small florets. Soak it in cold water and keep aside for half an hour.
4) In a large frying pan, heat oil and fry the cumin for 3- 4 seconds. After cumin splutters, add onion and cardamom seeds. Fry for a minute.
5) Transfer potatoes and cauliflower to the pan. Mix the vegetables with the fried spices.
6) Simmer and cover the pan. Cook for about 12-15 minutes stirring in between. Cook till the potatoes are soft but the cauliflower still crunchy.
7) Add poppy seeds and season to taste.
8) Serve hot with rice or roti.