- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Pickled Peaches Recipe
|Brown sugar||4 Pound|
|Cider vinegar||1 Pint|
|Cinnamon pieces||2 (3 Inch)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8688 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 31.9 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2272 g757.2%
Dietary Fiber 70.6 g282.4%
Sugars 2197 g
Protein 42 g83.4%
Vitamin A 295.9% Vitamin C 500.8%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 70.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Skin peaches and insert 2 or 3 whole cloves in each.
2) Add brown sugar to the peaches to cover it. Keep aside overnight.
3) Drain out syrup in a pan.
4) Add vinegar and cinnamon to it and boil.
5) Add peaches into boiling syrup in batches. Cook for 20 minutes until tender.
6) Transfer immediately into hot sterilized jars.
7) Pour hot syrup over peaches in jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space
8) Seal immediately.
9) Serve with ham, roast poultry or game.