- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Pear Butter Recipe
|Pears||6 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Pears||6 Pound, chopped|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Port wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 3366 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 157.6 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 872 g290.8%
Dietary Fiber 87.1 g348.6%
Sugars 706.6 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 214.2%
Calcium 67.7% Iron 47.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven, add pears, water and lemon juice.
2) Cover with a lid and place the oven over medium heat.
3) Cook the pears for 30 minutes.
4) Drain excess water and mash the pears to smooth.
5) Add other ingredients to the Dutch oven.
6) Cook the ingredients by occasional stirring over low heat for 1 hour or until the mixture gets thick.
7) Use sterilized jars, to pour hot pear mixture. Leave 1/8 inch on top and cover with metal lids. Tightly screw the screw metal bands.
8) Place the jars in boiling-water for 10 minutes.
9) Use the butter to serve with bread or cookies.