- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Nut Pie Recipe
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pecans And Walnuts)|
|Steamed seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.4%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.4 mg
Sodium 382.3 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 37.3 g
Protein 13 g25%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Chop the nuts and raisins on a nut board and combine in a bowl along with spices and salt.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat with a wire whisk or and electric mixer until mixture is soft and creamy.
5. Add the egg yolks and beat until well blended in the creamed mixture.
6. Fold in the nut mixture.
7. Add the cider and vinegar and stir well to get a smooth mixture.
8. In a clean dry, cool bowl, add the egg whites and whisk until frothy.
9. Then add sugar, a tablespoon at a time and continue whisking until stiff. It should stand in peaks.
10. Add the stiff egg whites to the custard and gently fold in.
11. Spoon this custard in the pie shell, spreading evenly.
12. Place on a baking sheet and then in the preheated oven.
13. Bake the pie for 35 to 40 minutes until the filling is set and the pastry is golden brown.
14. Remove and leave to cool.
15. Place the pie on a serving plate and serve it warm or chill well before serving if you like.
16. Slice into equal size wedges and use a pastry slicer to serve onto individual plates.