- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Mulberry Jam Recipe
|Mulberries||1 Quart, prepared (Ripe And Green Mixed)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2750 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 95.5 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 700 g233.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.6%
Sugars 677.6 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 620.9%
Calcium 40.4% Iron 98.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the mulberries in 1 quart water mixed with 1/4 cup salt for 5 minutes and drain.
2. Rinse in cold water thrice and crush.
3. Add sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon and cook slowly, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
4. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, until jellying point is reached.
5. Take it off heat and skim.
6. Pour into sterilized hot jars to within 1/8" of jar top. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
7. In a pan with boiling water, bathe the jar for 5 minutes.
8. Use as condiments or store in sterilized jelly jars covered with paraffin.