- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Molasses Bars Recipe
|Pitted prunes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Sunsweet)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 1416 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.8%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 896.3 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 218 g72.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 100.7 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 51.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix together flour and ground spices.
2. In another bowl, cream together shortening, egg, molasses and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the flour with spices and blend well. Add in prunes and coconut and mix to a dough, chill for 30 min.
3. Spread the chilled dough into two 3.5 inch wide and place on a greased baking sheet.
4. In a preheated oven, bake the mixture for about 30 minutes at 200 degrees centigrade, until slightly browned.
5. Allow to cool and cut into bars.
6. Serve cool.