- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Meringues With Coffee Soaked Prunes Recipe
|For the meringue|
|Egg whites||3 (Left Over From The Fish Pies)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the prunes and cream|
|Instant coffee||2 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Pitted prunes||250 Gram (Ready-To-Eat Type)|
|Double cream||427 Milliliter (Use 2 Pots,1 Of 285 Milliliter And Other Of 142 Milliliter)|
Calories 1743 Calories from Fat 973
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.4%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 87.7 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 140.2 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set your oven to preheat at 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
2) Use 2 baking sheets to line with baking parchment.
3) In a bowl, pour in egg whites and beat to thick and frothy with an electric whisk. Gradually add sugar by 1 tablespoon during whisking, until the mix turns stiff and glossy. Add spices to the mixture.
4) Immediately after whisking, place 8 big spoonfuls of meringue over the baking sheets with even spacing between each other.
5) Use a spoon to flatten on top and make a nest like shape at the center.
6) Place the baking sheets inside the oven and bake 45 minutes.
7) Let the meringues remain inside the oven to come back at room temperature, for overnight or at least 4 hours. Store these in an airtight container.
8) In another pan, add 200ml water along with coffee and sugar. Add prunes and bring the liquid to simmer for 10 minutes or until the liquid gets absorbed. Keep on stirring to dissolve coffee and sugar. Remove from heat and allow it to chill.
9) Whip the cream properly and take the meringues to spoon whipped cream inside the nest shaped hole. Top the cream with prunes.
10) Spread little of the prune juice on top of the meringues before serving.