- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||2 Large, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 592.8 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 445.6% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
Spray a cookie sheet or line it with non-stick aluminum foil. Use a cookie sheet that has sides.
2. Put the sweet potatoes that have been peeled and cubed in a bowl.
3. Combine olive oil, brown sugar, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper with the potatoes and stir well.
4. Let it sit on counter for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes to make sure everything is well coated.
5. Turn the potatoes and coating onto the cookie sheet and spread evenly.
6. Drizzle with honey.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until tender, stirring about every 10 minutes.
8. Serve warm as a side dish.